Certificate in Personal Data Protection Act (CPDPA) by Cyber Law College
In Association with
Foundation of Data Protection Professionals in India (FDPPI)
This course is meant to introduce the present and upcoming data protection law in India. The course is structured as a 12 session web based course and tentatively covers the following topics.
- Evolution of Privacy Law in India. (ITA 2000-ITA 2008-Puttaswamy Judgement.etc.)
- Understanding the Concept of Privacy and its relation with Data Protection
- Applicability, Exemptions, Transitional Provisions
- Data Principal’s Rights and Data Protection Obligations
- Grounds of Processing
- Transfer of Personal data outside India.
- DPA and DPO
- Compliance Obligations
- Penalties and Offences and Grievance Redressal mechanism
- Data Protection Challenges under New Technologies
- Data Governance Framework
- Interactive discussion
During the course of the discussion provisions of Information Technology Act 2000 (ITA 2000), as well as international data protection laws such as GDPR and CCPA will also be discussed through the focus would be on the Personal Data Protection Act 2018 (Draft law proposed by the Justice Srikrishna Committee).
The Course recognizes that the law is now developing and proposes to provide a free follow up session whenever the final version of the law is passed.
The course will be conducted through online sessions conducted through one of the platforms such as Zoom and connectivity links will be sent to the registered students before the session/s through the registered e-mail.
The First Batch is scheduled to commence from December 7, 2019 with the first session from 11.00 am.
All registered students have been informed over the registered e-mail address about the commencement.
Any person who needs further information may contact Naavi.
Details of Cyber Law College are available here
Details of FDPPI are available here